Patience

I have no patience when it comes to improving at things. I'm the type of person, where if I am not already good at something, then I find it really hard to find the motivation to do it. This is a sad quality to have, especially when it comes to things that I like to do. If I feel that I am not doing well at something, then I just want to give up.

This has happened with multiple hobbies that I have taken up. I've tried to learn how to play various instruments over the years but I have always given up because I never feel like allowing myself any time to get better at it. If I play for a week and I see no progress I wonder why I have even been wasting my time. I want to hear nothing but amazing music coming from the instrument even if that makes no sense at all.

I took up knitting a few years ago, and even though I did start to learn how to do it, when I went back to school, I didn't have time for it anymore, and then I stopped. Now I have forgotten essentially everything that I had learned and I don't really have any motivation to pick it up again. This means I wasted money on all my supplied. I have a bunch of unused yarn that I never even opened. I get too ambitious when I start something. I end up spending a lot of money on it, and then I give up and it's all a waste of money. I'm not even going to get started on the time I bought a bunch of supplies so that I could make jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment